24 August, 2012
Video showing Maintenance of Vibratory Bowl Feeders
Elscint a has uploaded a video showing the maintenance aspects as well as the installation and commissioning procedures of a vibratory bowl feeder on its website – www.elscintautomation.com. The video can be found at – http://www.elscintautomation.com/bowlfeedervideos1.html The video covers not only the regular maintenance points with respect to a vibratory bowl feeder but also the installation procedure. A total of 20 points are covered. The various aspects covered in the video are –
- Disconnect Supply
- Check Fuse on the regulator box cover
- Open the Regulator box cover
- Check the Fuse inside the regulator box
- Ensure all the screws by which the tooling of the bowl is fixed are tight
- Remove the middle dome (it is fixed with 4 M6 allen csk screws
- If there is a M16 bolt at the centre, please remove the same. It is fixed only for packing and transportation. It is not to be used during working
- Check whether the screws fixing the bowl are fully tight (8 M6 Allen in case of Model 400 and Model 400 HD and 4 M6 Allen in case of Model 250)
- Check whether the side covers are touching the aluminium top plate of the vibrator. There should be a small gap
- Ensure that the bowl is fixed at the place of marking
- Tighten all the 3 packs of springs (bottom as well as top screw)
- Tighten all the three coils
- Check the gap between the coil and magnet (it should be 1 mm for Model 250 and Model 400 and should be 2 mm for Model 400 HD and Model 630). For checking this, use a filler gauge.
- In case it needs to be adjusted, loosen the screws fixing the magnet (2 x M6 Allen), adjust the gap and again tighten the screws of the magnet.
- Check the gap between the counter weight and base plate. It should be 4 to 5 mm and should be consistent at all places. If it is less at one particular position, then the rubber grommet over there needs to be replaced.
- Remove the bowl and clean the vibrator top plate (made of Aluminium)
- Clean the bottom surface of the bowl by making it upside down
- Clean the bowl with a solution like IPA
- Fix the bowl with 4 or 8 screws depending upon the Model, ensure that they are fully tight (M6 Allen)
- Fix the dome and fix 4 M6 Allen CSK screws and ensure that they are fully tight
For more information visit – www.elscintautomation.com or send mail to – firstname.lastname@example.org